NEOLINK Announcement – 2019/20 Stink Bug Seasonal Measures from Department of Agriculture – Monday 19th of August – 19.8.19
Monday 19th of August 2019
Dear Valued Clients,
Its that time of year again and the Department of Agriculture has introduced seasonal measures to manage risk of Brown Marmorated Stink Bug (BMSB) on vessels/goods arriving into Australia.
I have provided the link to the departments website for all of the information/summary listed below.
Please see below Key Takeaways:
- BMSB 2019-20 Commencement Date: departing from 1st of September 2019 and that arrive in Australia by 31 of May 2020 (inclusive) for certain manufactured goods in, or shipped from target risk countries, and/or vessels that berth at, load or tranship from target risk countries
- Target Risk Countries: Albania, Andorra, Armenia, Austria, Azerbaijan, Belgium, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Bulgaria, Canada, Croatia, Czech Republic, France, Georgia, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Italy, Kosovo, Liechtenstein, Luxembourg, Macedonia, Montenegro, Netherlands, Romania, Russia, Serbia, Slovakia, Slovenia, Switzerland, Spain, Turkey, USA and Japan
- Targeted High Risk and Risk goods: Please refer to the apartment announcement in the link above as to whether or not your goods will require fumigation – if you are unsure, please contact your NEOLINK Account Manager to discuss. Even if your goods fall outside of “High Risk”, please be aware that Quarantine can still require an inspection and may or may not require the goods to be fumigated upon arrival if they deem it necessary to do so.
- Please be aware that goods will have to be treated at Origin or Destination before they obtain a CLEAR status for release by Quarantine
- Accepted treatment options include: Sulfuryl fluoride, methyl bromide fumigation and heat treatment (all options offered by NEOLINK and overseas offices/agents)
IMPORTANT TO NOTE: Measures in the above announcement from DAWR are always subject to change and above are valid as of 19.8.19 – if changes occur, NEOLINK will continue to provide the necessary updates.
Next Steps from NEOLINK and your upcoming shipments:
- Your NEOLINK Account Manager will proactively reach out to all our clients that are affected by the above to prepare on all goods arriving
- We offer all of the above treatment options above both at origin and locally here in Australia
- Our team will be recommending solutions that are client specific based on the goods, origin and supplier locations
If your business is changing or planning to import new or different goods from the above origin locations mentioned that might be affected, please let us know and we can recommend the correct solutions accordingly.
Please also feel free to give myself or Chris a call if you have any urgent questions.
NEOLINK Marketing Team