Dear Valued Clients,
We have been notified this afternoon 2:26pm that Hutchinson’s Terminal at Port Botany has ceased operations.
This has been caused due to an unforeseen labour disruption event and the terminal will remain closed up until 8am tomorrow morning.
Whilst we are not aware what has caused this disruption today; many of you may of heard about the CFMEU-MUA Merger back in January:
What does this mean for you?
- If workers decide to stop working at the ports; the impacted terminals are not able to offload cargo from arriving vessels
- DP World and Patricks Terminals are still open – so all vessels arriving at those terminals have not been impacted as far as we are aware
- This could cause delays to cargo arriving on vessels into Hutchinson’s in the next 24-48 hours
- At this stage Hutchinson’s will advise us at 7am tomorrow morning if the day shift will commence
- Your NEOLINK Account Manager will proactively reach out if you have any cargo on any of the impacted arriving vessels
- With Easter just around the corner; this is a good reminder to us all that planning ahead of time and getting your goods in as early as possible will give us the best chance of being less impacted
- Planning for Easter – your AM will be proactively reaching out to discuss planning for your Easter period orders and your PO’s that are currently in the pipeline to ensure we do what we can to assist
If you have any questions, please feel free to reach out to anyone in the team.