Dear Valued Clients,
We received the attached notification this morning from the Department of Agriculture and Water Resources.
They have announced the upcoming risk measures for 2018-19 for the BMSB Pest Season.
Please see attached for full announcement and Key Takeaways below:
- BMSB 2018-19 Commencement Date: from 1st of September 2018 and finishes on 30th of April 2019 for ALL containerized goods from the targeted risk countries
- Target Risk Countries: USA, Italy, Germany, France, Russia, Greece, Hungary, Romania, Georgia and Japan
- Targeted High Risk Goods Include: Vehicles, Machinery, Bricks, Tiles, Ceramics, Steel, Stone, Cement, Chemicals, Chemical Products, Salt, Minerals, Fertilizers, Wood Pulp, Printed Matter, Straw, Paper, Cardboard, Plastics, Wadding and Tyres
- Exempted Goods: Fresh Produce, Live Animals, Food for Human consumption (inc beverages), seeds for sowing and registered pharmaceuticals
- Goods Have to be treated at Origin or Destination before they obtain a CLEAR status for release by Quarantine
- Accepted treatment options include: Sulfuryl fluoride, methyl bromide fumigation and heat treatment (all options offered by NEOLINK and overseas offices/agents)
IMPORTANT TO NOTE: Measures in the attached announcement are still being finalised – final measures will be announced from the departments website in later July once all processes are completed – for more info please visit agriculture.gov.au/bmsb
Next Steps from NEOLINK and your upcoming shipments:
- Your NEOLINK Account Manager will proactively reach out to all our clients that are affected by the above to prepare on all goods arriving from 1st of September
- We offer all of the above treatment options above both at origin and locally here in Australia
- Our team will be recommending solutions that are client specific based on the goods, origin and supplier locations
If your business is changing or planning to import new or different goods from the above origin locations mentioned that might be affected, please let us know and we can recommend the correct solutions accordingly.
Please also feel free to give myself or Chris a call if you have any urgent questions.